Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7

Thema: Z-7 terrible focus-point movement

Fleissiger Poster
    Bilder
    Danke abgeben
    Erhielt 303 Danke für 104 Beiträge

Standard Z-7 terrible focus-point movement

Entschuldgen Sie dass ich Englisch schreibe.

I have now used the Nikon Z7 for about a month. Even my old Flektogon 20mm does well on it and the Z-Leitz M adapter makes my old Mlenses shine. With the front buttons chosen as 100% enlargement, pinpoint focus is easy, BUT, the central focussing (and possibly the spot.metering point) moves if one is not very careful not to handle the camera. So you will get anything far removed from your motive in sharp focus and correctly exposed unless you will take a break . swear and take one press on the offending "joystick" which wil move it back, A firmware option to disable it would be very much better.

If this major fault is corrected it will be the ideal camera for almost all types of glass where adapters are available. Especially since imprecise adapters do not guarantee that lens infinity markings coincide with ifinity focus.

At present anything that can be fitted to a non auto CE mount,can be used on the Z since an easily available CE-Z mount can serve as host for other adapters. The K&F site has some adapters for other mounts although their CE-Z, which I use, seems to be a fraction too short to be dimensionally exact (too short when tested with the Leitz R 16mm and double adapters so my Leitz-R to CE might also be too short, but same results with the Zeiss 35-135 and those adapters worked well on my previous Canon camera) I do not expect their other mounts to be of Novoflex dimensional quality although some users might want too short adapters .

p.

2. 4 Benutzer sagen "Danke", hofsethpaul :

Fleissiger Poster
    Bilder
    Danke abgeben

Standard

Noch einige abschitte im Englischer sprache weil ich antworte mein eigenes beschwerde (leider bin ich unfähig korrektes Deutsch zu schreiben):

I admit that moving the point of sharpest focus off center has its uses, BUT moving controls that should be consciously twiddled for a purpose should not be left to accident. An example to be followed is Leitz who discovered that their main control knob on the R-8 could easily be moved (with disatrous results) and then added a locking knob for that dial on the R-9. Most commendable.

With software improvements presumably far less expensive than mechanical changes AND also benefiting past customers, Nikon should offer a choice of disabling buttons.

p.

Spitzenkommentierer Avatar von Anthracite
    Bilder
    Danke abgeben
    Erhielt 3.235 Danke für 727 Beiträge

Standard

Das gleiche Problem habe ich mit der Nikon D780 auch, wenn ich im LiveView fotografiere. Dort sitzt das Fokusfeld auch oft ungewollt in einer Ecke. Schuldig ist aber nicht der Button zum Verschieben des Feldes, sondern der Touchscreen. Man berührt den leicht, und dann sitzt das Fokusfeld völlig woanders. Du kannst dein Problem womöglich entschärfen, indem du den Touchscreen deaktivierst.

Nikons Spiegelreflexkameras haben übrigens noch den Schalter, um den "Joystick" zu deaktivieren. Um diesen herum ist ein Ring, und wenn man den in die Stellung "L" stellt, lässt sich das Fokusfeld nicht mehr versehentlich verschieben, weder durch "Joystick" noch durch den Touchscreen. Also genau das, was du dir wünschst. Allerdings hat das einen Nachteil: Man kann dann das Fokusfeld auch nicht mehr absichtlich verschieben. Und die Möglichkeit, schnell den Fokus woanders hin zu legen, sei es durch die Tastendrucke, sei es über den Touchscreen, nutze ich doch oft, weswegen der Ring bei mir nie in Lock-Stellung ist.

Nikon hatte wegen dieses Ringes wohl schon einige überflüssige Servicefälle, von Fotografen, die den Ring versehentlich verstellt haben, und dann dachten, die Kamera sei kaputt, da der Fokus sich nicht mehr verlegen ließ.

An den Z-Kameras hat Nikon dann auf den Ring verzichtet.

5. 2 Benutzer sagen "Danke", Anthracite :

Förderndes Mitglied Avatar von Helge
    Bilder
    Danke abgeben
    Erhielt 8.397 Danke für 1.084 Beiträge

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Anthracite Beitrag anzeigen
    Das gleiche Problem habe ich mit der Nikon D780 auch, wenn ich im LiveView fotografiere. Dort sitzt das Fokusfeld auch oft ungewollt in einer Ecke. Schuldig ist aber nicht der Button zum Verschieben des Feldes, sondern der Touchscreen. Man berührt den leicht, und dann sitzt das Fokusfeld völlig woanders. Du kannst dein Problem womöglich entschärfen, indem du den Touchscreen deaktivierst.
    Das ist genau der Punkt. Es ist nicht der Joystick sondern wenn man die Kamera ans Gesicht annähert, kann schlicht und einfach die Nase das AF-Feld verstellen bevor die Kamera von Monitor auf Sucher umschaltet. Mir geht das auch regelmäßig so. Das Problem ist aber einfach lösbar: Bei der Z6/Z7 muss man nicht mal den ganzen Touchscreen deaktivieren sondern man kann das links auf dem Touchscreen gezielt einstellen für das AF-Feld: Entweder Fokussieren per Touch oder Fokussieren und Auslösen per Touch oder nichts von beidem.

7. 2 Benutzer sagen "Danke", Helge :

Fleissiger Poster
    Bilder
    Danke abgeben

Standard moving focuspoint

Good advice for MirrorNikons, but the mchanical no-joy stick remains uncontrollable on the Z-. Since I concentrate on the motive, focussing and setting the aperture I have no use for buttons or screens when snapping pictures, and menu setting are chosen once and for all (except when checking battery status and adjusting the anti shake)- so the useless touch setting is always off. (and my phone (gemini) has a keyboard which I much prefer)

p.

9. Folgender Benutzer sagt "Danke", hofsethpaul :

Fleissiger Poster
    Bilder
    Danke abgeben

Standard Z7 Nochmals nørgelln und Englisch

yesterday arrived with quite pittoresque frost on trees and bushes in my garden so I put on a wide wide angle (18mm) so as to encompass the entire view, But the uncontrollable focus of the Z7 and even worse: the spot metering point, had moved away from the center where i naturally assumed it to be, so the fine graduation of whites remained unrecorded.

Such behaviour in a camera is absolutely conmdemnable. I should of course pay more attention to camera settings than to the motive, go back to using my old Metrawatt or activate the HDR setting.

p.

11. 2 Benutzer sagen "Danke", hofsethpaul :

Fleissiger Poster
    Bilder
    Danke abgeben

Standard a year later

more than a year later I still find the moving spot annoying both with the native zoomlens and with my library of manuals.

Especially with snow on the landscape; focusing on a branch in the corner of the frame is not ideal.

The remedy is to use more time and not trying to catch the moment using autofocussing lenses but to leave such at home. use proper manual optics and possibly refrain from exact expposure of the most interesting part of the motive and try the weighting systems built into most cameras-

p.