Seite 4 von 4 ErsteErste ... 234
Ergebnis 31 bis 32 von 32

Thema: Heute im Web gefunden - FD/EF-Umbau mit angebl. Einheitsendstück ...

optikus64
    Gast

Standard

Hi Ed,

the procedure in germany is as follows:

a./ if the customs office at Frankfurt/Airport (example for my case in Bad Ems) is not interested, the put a green button on the parcel "free from customs treatment" and give the parcel to the forwarding company. Nothing more happens. You get the parcel as sent.

b./ if customs office is interested the open the parcel and expect to find a bill. If there is none or it's declared as a gift the have a look on what is inside. If they decide that it looks to be commercial product the search it - if they find the price declared they calculate the fee and the forwarder brings the parcel with the fee to pay - or you get a postcard from customs to pick the parcel up at the customs and bring with you the orderpapers and the bill -> ebay-copy. If they determine massive differences between the "formal bill" in the parcel and the real price, the begin to lokk what is to find more - not the best situation there ... :( - and your next parcels are visited nearly all.

c./ UPS is solution b./ in the most cases.

d./ DHL was a./ in the most cases I had in the past.

Calculation is easy:

billing prize + tranport cost * 19% is the tax, and something nearby 3% is the charge for import.

Jörg

Hardcore-Poster
    Danke abgeben
    Erhielt 11 Danke für 11 Beiträge

Standard

Hey Ed, nice to see you here.

As I've personally converted and modified about a dozen lenses, I apreciate your efforts to ease any step of that process - especially with well-thought and well-engineered products.
    Your 'little collection' of canon-gear sets new standards, to say the least

I can't help you with knowledge regarding the whole mirror-issue, as I own a Canon 50D crop camera.

Concerning your A-list of lenses you mentioned:
    I'm not completely sure of the nFD-Version of the 2/35, but the S.S.C.-Version* I converted just ROCKS. Easily one of the best primes I owned. I like the bokeh and it's sharp enough for the demanding crop-sensor like the one of the 50D shortly after f/2.0.
    That one definitely belongs to the A-list.
    *(the one of the three without radioactive elements)

On a side note, probably related to my copy:
    I've yet some problematic front-group mechanics of the floating system to examine on the 2/35, where presumably some degraded plastic parts are responsible for unwanted tolerances of the front group.. I've encountered the extreme version of that issue in a Tamron zoom lens I repaired. There is not much that can be done against this issue, as it purely seems to be natural decay of plastics-related.

Another one of your A-list:
    I got the 1.4/50 S.S.C. for a fine price because of stuck aperture blades. While chromatic abberations (showing mostly as purple in f/1.4 photos in bright daylight) are noticeable at f/1.4, those disappear quickly. It deserves a place in the A-list as well - not everybody wants to pay for f/1.2.

Side note: the lens has less problems (especially at sharpness) at close range than another good 1.4/55 for M42 I compared it against.
    May have been a special weakness of that lens, but I assume that the 1.4/50 is just thoroughly designed.

I don't have the 3,5/50 Macro, but I've seen the reports of Hinnerker, the MTF graphs and the compared MTF graphs of a Zuiko 3.5/50 Macro I worked with. And those clues say that the 3.5/50 Macro rocks as well and should be thoroughly tested by you

Seite 4 von 4 ErsteErste ... 234